04/19/2018 - Mennonite Brotherhood Collegiate Institute Concert at 10 to 10:45 AM
Community Council at 2 PM
04/20/2018 - School Garde Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 2 PM
04/24/2018 - 5th Grade to Bard's Bash
04/25/2018 - PTA Meeting at 8:30 AM
Tour of Utah Cyclist visits at 12:45 to 1:45 PM
05/07/2018 - STEAM Night at 6 PM
05/10/2018 - Science Fair Movie Reward for 3rd and 4th grade at 12:30 to 3:00 PM
05/11/2018 - Michael Ballam Concert at 9 to 1 11:30 AM
Science Fair Movie Reward for 5th grade and Palladino at 12:30 to 3:00 PM
05/17/2018 - Testing Incentive Aquatics Center at 12:30 to 3:00 PM
05/18/2018 - Field Day - all day
05/21/2018 - Steven Stratton Good-bye Assembly at 10 AM
05/23/2018 - Last Day of School
- School Garden Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: We've had lots of community support to help get our school garden (NW corner of the playground) up and running. Please come help us celebrate our "grand opening" on Friday, April 20 at 2:00. Friends and parents are all welcome!
- Teacher Requests: The window for teacher requests is always highly anticipated. This year it will be from April 30 to May 11 (at 4:00). This is a change from what we've told a couple of you. Please note that: 1) in order to request you must fill out the form provided in the office. 2) Filling out a request for a teacher is not a guarantee that your child will be placed in that class. 3) Students and parents will not be informed of their child's teacher assignment until the last day of school (Next year's K students' assignments won't be made until the fall). If you're interested in requesting a teacher for your child, be sure to pick up and fill out the form available in the office during the request window.
- Mini Mall: Our last one for the school year is on - date to be determined - in the afternoon (exception for AMK). This is always a highlight for every child. 2nd - 5th graders are welcome to open a booth and sell treats, services, artwork, toys, etc, etc. PLEASE NO LIQUIDS OR GUM! More info to come out later, but please consider helping your child open a booth that day! After Mini-Mall, all students put their leftover LIME tickets into a box for prize drawings on the last day of school!
- Field Day: This will be on Friday, May 18th and will last just about all day for most students. It will be on our school playground and will include a sack lunch where all the children can eat lunch with their siblings, etc, from other grades. School lunch prices apply, if your child chooses to eat school lunch.
- Special Assembly for Steven Stratton: Many of your children have grown up with Steven at our school. This is his last year at North so we will be having a special assembly to say "good-bye" to him on Monday, May 21st at 10:00. Parents are invited to come and wish him well. We'll also be showing our Video Yearbook at the assembly and will be handing out yearbooks that day. (Has your child bought his/hers? Hurry while supplies last! $10 in the office).
Community Council - find out what is happening with our Community Council.
School Schedule - Check the school hours and the school calendar.
PowerSchool - Check your student's grades and attendance or update contact information.
PTA Order Form - use to join the PTA; SUU Thunder Kids signup; order a yearbook, t-shirt, hat or paver stone; or make a donation.
North Elementary's News Nugget
North Elementary PTA
Cedar North Elementary is excited to see our vision of a school garden coming to fruition! With lots of help from Braun Construction, SUU, Dixie National Forest, and the USU Iron Co. Extension Office, we are ready for our official "Ribbon Cutting Ceremony" on April 20 from 2:00 - 2:30 at the school garden site on the northwest corner of our playground. All parents and other community members are invited. Please come! (Posted 4/15/2018)
The North Elementary PTA is here to help make North Elementary the best school in Iron County School District. We are always working on at least one activity for the school. We would love your help!!